AMA District 2 will be coming back this year for the New Jersey Motocross Series. These races will primarily be held at NJMP Field of Dreams, and Raceway Park, with one race at Pagoda, and one race at Walden. See below for the schedule. Participates in District 2 Races who are a members of District 2 will compete for points, the winners will be invited to an end of the year award banquet. Note: Racers must be District 2 members and attend at least 50% to win end of the year banquet awards.
To participate in District 2 races and receive points, print and fill out the form below.
Send all checks and membership form to:
District 2 Promoters Group
283 Newtons Corner Road
Howell, NJ 07731
D-2 Supplemental Rules
1. Medical Coverage Statement – D-2 Promoters Group and race tracks promoting D-2 race events do not provide medical insurance. If you do not have medical insurance we do not recommend racing in a motocross race event.
2. Beginner Class – The beginner class is for first time racers only. Racers will only be eligible for the beginner class for one season. Racers may be advanced to the appropriate youth, Novice or Amateur class of the based upon his or her skill level, based on evaluation of D-2 and or track officials. If a racer wins five beginner class races they will also be advanced. Beginner class racers are not eligible for year end awards.
3. Identification – Racers are required to provide proof of identification. Racers under the age of 18 must have a parent present at sign up and ID must be verified. Minors with a Guardians must have a Parent Guardian release form completed and notarized.
4. Minimum Protection – Racers must have the following as a minimum for protection to practice and race:
• Helmet With A Minimum Certification/Rating of SNELL M2010 or DOT
• Long Sleeve Shirt or Race Jersey, It Is Recommended That The Racers
Number Is On The Back Of The Jersey
• Boots Designed For Off Road Riding At Least 8″ High
5. Recommended Protection – Motocross is a dangerous sport, the possibility of an injury is always possible no matter how much protection is available and used by the racer. The following is recommended for protection.
• Tear Offs For Goggles
• Chest Protector
• Neck Brace
• Knee Braces
6. Race Fees – Race fees may be different from track to track. Every facility has a different minimum fee they need to collect to continue operating. Our sport has a business side and if a facility does not collect the minimum amount of money they need to stay in business they will simply be unable to continue to provide a facility to provide motocross practice and race competition.
7. Transponders are used at Field of Dreams, Raceway Park and Pagoda M/C. The transponders are the MyLaps Style, you may use your own, rent one or purchase on at the track. All racers must have a transponder to be scored. Racers must return rented transponders at the end of the race day.
8. Racers must have a Valid AMA Card to race any event, these can be purchased online or at the track on race day. To Qualify for Series Points and Year-End awards racers must have a Valid District 2 MX Competition Partner Card (D2MX).
9. In order to qualify to year-end awards, racers must attend a minimum of nine (9) race events of which at least four races must be completed at both Field of Dreams and Raceway Park for a total of 8 events. Year-end banquet date and location to be announced in a timely fashion by D2MX Officals.
10. Race Rules are based on the Current AMA Rule book, link is below for race classes.
The following release must be printed in color. If you cannot print in color, please contact the AMA at (614) 856-1900 and ask for the appropriate AMA riding or racing department. Then, request that original color forms to be sent to you via U.S. mail.Annual minor release form for racers:
This form can be submitted to the AMA to grant a Minor Release Pass for all AMA events.
Racing Administrative Assistant
American Motorcyclist Association
13515 Yarmouth Drive
Pickerington, OH 43147
For questions about the minor release form, call Melody at 614-856-1900 x1287.